These photographic images are my freestyle ikebana (low bow to Moribana). I design more everyday, photograph some, and place some of those online.
I create original ikebana designs for clients in the San Francisco Bay Area and deliver to them – usually within thirty miles of my studio in Kentfield. My gallery starts here:
1. Marin Ikebana Cymbidium orchids, red . The sweeping green and yellow leaves are harakeke, originally from New Zealand leading upwards to the curly willow.
I believe Ikebana bouquets’ quiet dignity and subtle drama impress special events and important art form. In my Floral Designer’s blog I include many arrangements blending ikebana and contemporary styles.
The ikebana designs in this freestyle gallery sometimes depart from the more conservative Japanese floral traditions – and they represent a fresh view of the Japanese aesthetic for the North American audience.
2. Asiatic Lilies Ikebana
4. Pair of Cymbidium Flutes
6. Anthurium Ikebana
7. Bird of Paradise Ikebana with Anthurium
8. Branch Ikebana
9. Cymbidium Ikebana
10. Magnolia Ikebana with Protea in Two Containers
11. Blue Hydrangea
12. Cymbidium Ikebana with Branches
13. Chrysanthemum Ikebana
17. Dogwood Ikebana with Bamboo
19. Oriental Ikebana with Bamboo and Kale