Jury Summons from Marin County Superior Court to Me,
Report Date: Jan 29, 2010
How can you get out of jury duty? More urgently, how can I get out of jury duty?
Let me count the ways:
- I asked Google how to get out of jury duty and its first page of search results returned articles laying out 74 ways.
- Then I asked Yahoo the same question, first page results: 38 ways.
- Bing, same question: 59 ways.
Add them up: 171 ways. Who’s got time for 171 ways? Not me – once I count past seventeen I lose track and have to start over (hey! that’s number 172).
I’m going with the big three:
- Wear a beard. You might need to plan four or five months ahead of time – don’t worry, you can get a six month extension over the phone or by e-mail). Go for a full beard like one of these (L to R): Lt. Gen (Old Pete) Longstreet CSA. Herman Melville, John Muir – no sissy goatees).
- Get educated, list your college degrees, preferably with an advanced degree or two.
- Dress for gardening.
Beyond the big three, I have no story and I’m sticking to it.
Photos from Wikipedia.